Wednesday, August 10, 2011

quick room re-do


my sister Melissa, who is the other half of the junk in our trunks (and the one who is responsible for getting me hooked on garage saling), went to help my aunt lighten up her room. Unfortunately there were no before pictures of the room, just the furniture. In 3 days my super talented sister wipped the room into shape. With all 5 of little ones, in tow. The room went from neutral brown tones of paint to a calming beachy feel.




She did a little white wash to this CL find, to lighten up the wood.
No before (I promise i really am working on her for the befores. She is just to ambitious) This piece was mexican pine. I think the distressed, white looks so purdy!
 I absolutely love how this dresser turned out, which belonged to our great grandmother.
this is my new favorite. I think I might steal it my next visit.
Here is a peek at the room.

can you believe this headboard was found on CL sold as two twins. Melissa had the bright idea to connect them for a cal king. $100 AWESOME!


Hope you all have a great day.






1 comment:

  1. Lovely room, well done to you sister. Hope your pregnancy is now progressing well.

    ReplyDelete