Saturday, April 6, 2013

Just Not Right

Do you ever start a piece with a vision and mid way through, ask yourself what was I thinking. I bought these two night stands at the local thrift store, They were $7 for the pair. So of course I snatched them up as fast as possible.
 
 Not very attractive, but solid and well built. I thought maybe I will do a bright yellow with  a high gloss finish. Well I started and, YUCK!
This thing was glowing, I mean it was super blinding bright. So I figured I would go in another direction, I also decided I was going to keep these ones, So I changed the paint to a navy blue to go with my coral headboard.
I loved how they turned out, but something was still missing, I just wasn't feeling the finished look. So I added some legs.

I think those little legs just finish the tables off nicely.
Sorry about the picture quality, my house is about 75 percent windows,
 
(see all those windows), so I can not get my camera to focus properly, or get a picture that is true to color. Any advice?
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Kathryn
 
 
 
 
 
Linked:



 

2 comments:

  1. Kathryn, I have thought the same about my projects many times midway but so glad when I push myself to complete them. I like the added touch of the legs!
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. Thank you for sharing.

    http://www.curiositaellya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete